Your PSAI Com Portal is a centralized spot where you can communicate with all of your leads, no matter where or how they interacted with your company.
All of the leads that come through your various PSAI marketing sources will automatically flow into the Com Portal, with no additional work or input required from you. However, you can also add new contacts manually—allowing you to keep your lead communications in the same place, even if those leads did not interact with a PSAI Quote Form, Chat widget, or other app.
To add a new contact in PSAI for immediate SMS or email messaging, follow the instructions below.
Because the Com Portal is designed first and foremost for communication, you can only add a new contact to PSAI with the intent to send an immediate email or text message.
1. Click the message icon at the top of the lead queue
Go to your Com Portal. From the top of the lead queue (the left-hand column), click the "new message" icon as shown below. This will bring up a new panel for you to enter your new contact.
2. Click the "Add New Contact" button
If you're certain that the lead does not already exist in PSAI, then you can click "Add New Contact." This will bring up the panel where you'll enter the lead's information and initiate your SMS or email message.
It's usually worth doing a quick search in the "To" field, just to be sure the lead is not already in your Com Portal. You can search by any key piece of information: name, email address, phone number, and so on.
3. Fill in the lead's contact information
In the "Add New Contact" popup panel that appears, fill in your lead's information.
Most of these fields are self-explanatory, including:
- Name: This is a required field. Be sure to include both the first and last name.
- Lead Source: This is a required field, and you can customize your lead sources to help you track all of the contacts you add to PSAI manually. Learn how to create custom lead sources here.
- Email: This is a required field.
- Cell: This is a required field. If you click the drop-down menu, you can choose the type of phone number that you're entering. Keep in mind that to initiate a text conversation, the number must be labeled as "Cell"!
- Address: This is optional, but if at all possible, we recommend adding it! A full address is required to unlock key PSAI technology including predictive portraits and weather returns.
- Additional Info: Under this drop-down menu, you can add the lead's company name and co-owner name. This is optional.
3. Send your SMS or email
Once you've filled out your lead's information, choose whether you'd like to send an immediate SMS or email by clicking the appropriate button, as shown below.
Is the "Start Text" button grayed out? That's because the phone number has not been labeled as "cell" or because it is not a valid mobile number. Doublecheck that the phone number and label are both correct.
From the next screen, you'll type your email or SMS message and click send. That's it!
4. Monitor and respond from the Com Portal
Once your SMS or email message has been sent, a new thread will be opened in your Com Portal. You'll be able to see the exact email or SMS message you sent, and whenever the lead responds by email or SMS, it will automatically flow into this same thread—as shown in the screenshot below.
You can use this thread to nurture your lead, share an instant weather return, encourage them to schedule an appointment, request a third-party review, and so much more. You can handle the entire customer relationship and sales funnel from here, without having to check any other email inbox or application.
Want more detailed information on PSAI's streamlined SMS and email capabilities? Learn more about communicating through the Com Portal, including sending and receiving emails or sending and receiving SMS messages in PSAI. (More articles coming soon!)