All of the leads that come through your PSAI site conversion tools automatically flow into the Com Portal. However, you can also add new contacts manually to allow your entire team to communicate with leads in just one place—even leads who did not originally interact with a PSAI Quote Form, Chat, Weather Widget, or other site conversion tool.
To add a new contact to the Com Portal, follow the instructions below.
Because the Com Portal is designed first and foremost for communication, you can only add a new contact with the intent to send an immediate email or text message.
1. Click the Pencil Icon
Go to your Com Portal. From the top of the lead queue (the left-hand column), click the "new message" icon shown below.
2. Click "Add New Contact"
In the panel that pops up next, click "Add New Contact."
It's worth doing a quick search in the "To" field, just to be sure that the lead does not already exist in the Com Portal. You can search by any key piece of information: name, email address, phone number, and so on.
3. Fill in Contact Info
In the "Add New Contact" panel, fill in your lead's information, as shown below.
Most of these fields are self-explanatory, but here's a bit more information:
- Name: This is a required field. Be sure to include both the first and last name.
- Lead Source: You can customize your lead sources to help you track all of the contacts you add to PSAI manually. Learn how to create custom lead sources here.
- Email: This is a required field.
- Cell: This is a required field. If you click the drop-down menu, you can choose the type of phone number that you're entering. Keep in mind that to initiate a text conversation, the number must be labeled as "Cell."
- Address: This is optional, but if at all possible, we recommend adding it! A full address is required to unlock PSAI predictive technology and can be used to send weather returns.
- Additional Info: Under this drop-down menu, you can add the lead's company name and co-owner name, if you'd like to.
3. Start Email or Text
Once you've filled out your lead's contact information, choose whether you'd like to send an SMS or email by clicking the appropriate button.
Is the "Start Text" button grayed out? That's because the phone number has not been labeled as "cell" or because it is not a valid mobile number. Doublecheck that the phone number and label are both correct.
4. Type and Send Your Message
From the next screen, you can type your email or SMS message (including the subject line, if applicable).
To make your message even more helpful, you can send more than just plain text! Take advantage of the icons at the bottom of the panel to:
- Attach an image, PDF, or other file (by clicking the paperclip icon)
- Request a review on your website or a third-party site (by clicking the star icon)
- Send a weather report for their specific address (by clicking the storm cloud icon)
- Add an emoji (by clicking the smiley face icon)
Whenever you're finished writing your message, click "Send" to immediately send your SMS or email.
What Happens Next?
Once you've clicked "Send," a new email or SMS engagement thread will be opened in your Com Portal.
You'll be able to see all of the messages you've sent, as well as all replies from the lead moving forward.
You can continue communicating with the lead through the open dialogue box, nurturing them to take the next step with your company. Once you have an open lead engagement like this, you can even assign the lead to a specific PSAI user to keep your staff organized.
Want more detailed information on using the Com Portal effectively? Learn more in these resources: