The PSAI Weather Map is where you'll go to search, explore, and identify storm opportunity. You'll enter the weather map through the Weather Center, shown below.
Depending on your goals, there are many ways you can enter and explore the weather map. Learn more here.
About the Weather Map Controls
Regardless of how you enter the Weather Map, you will be brought to a view similar to the one below. (If you've entered by clicking on a specific storm, you'll also see a colored swath laid over the map.)
Here's what each of the numbered functions means:
- Search Panel: This is where you'll take the majority of actions on the Weather Map. You can search by address, save a favorite market, browse a list of recent nationwide storms, filter storms based on severity, and more.
- Locate Me: This button will center the map based on your current location.
- Zoom In or Out: Click the plus (+) to zoom in and the minus (-) to zoom out. You can also zoom in with a mouse wheel or by using the normal "pinch" gesture if you're on a mobile device.
- Switch Display Type: This button allows you to toggle between the satellite view (shown above) and the view that looks more like a driving map, shown below.
At the far right side of the screen, you'll also see a thin legend for hail size (purple) and wind speed (orange). These colors correspond to the storm swaths that will appear on the map whenever you view a storm, such as the one below.
Curious about the button at the bottom? The "Hide Layers" button adjusts the opacity of swaths and allows you filter for specific wind speeds and hail sizes.
Searching the Weather Map
There are several ways to discover storm opportunity on the PSAI Weather Map:
- You can search by specific address.
- You can zero in on the most current storms happening today.
- You can search within a specific date range.
- You can manually browse to find storms in a particular location.
Once you've found a storm you'd like to target using any of the methods above, you'll draw a custom shape and launch your storm campaign on Facebook! All leads will flow into the Com Portal for easy communication and nurturing.
Did you know? You can also use PSAI Weather technology to capture storm data for a specific home address. However, this is done through the Com Portal, not the Weather Map. Learn how to generate an instant weather report here.
Want more information on using the Weather Map to launch storm campaigns? Check out these related resources: