The Com Portal serves as your single place for communicating with all of your PSAI leads. There's a ton you can do in the Com Portal, so knowing how to navigate the system will help you make the most of PSAI's rich "omnichannel" communication portal.
This article provides a basic roadmap of the Com Portal, showing you how to efficiently find the lead information you're looking for.
Understanding Your Lead Buckets
The most basic organization method you need to understand in the Com Portal is the "lead buckets."
In the lead queue (the list of the leads displayed in the left-most column of your Com Portal), there are four "lead buckets" into which all PSAI leads are categorized. As shown in the screenshot below, these four buckets include: Unassigned, Mine, Closed, and Assigned.
Here's what each lead bucket means:
- Unassigned: By default, all new leads will flow into this bucket. Once a lead is assigned to a specific PSAI user, the will move out of Unassigned and into another category.
- Mine: This bucket only displays the leads that have been assigned to you (meaning whoever is currently logged into PSAI and viewing the Com Portal).
- Closed: This bucket includes leads that have been officially closed. Learn more about closing lead here.
- Assigned: This bucket displays leads that are assigned to other PSAI users (i.e. not you or whoever is currently logged into PSAI). Learn more about assigning leads here.
When you add a new user to PSAI, you can choose which buckets that user is able to see. For instance, you can grant access only to the "Mine" bucket if you want reps to only see their assigned leads. Learn more about updating user roles here.
You can certainly click through your lead buckets to get a high-level look at your leads and how they are classified. Most likely, however, it'll be quicker and easier to use one of the more advanced tools to find the lead information you're looking for:
Let's review these three features next.
How to Use the Search Bar
The easiest way to search for leads in the Com Portal is to use the search bar at the top of the left-hand column (which, again, we commonly call the "lead queue"). In the search field, you can type in any search term you want: name, email address, phone number, and so on. You can even search by marketing app type, if you want.
After typing your search term, click the magnifying icon to the left or hit the enter key on your keyboard to run the search.
When you enter a term in the search bar, the search results will only display for the bucket that you are currently in. To view relevant search results within other lead buckets, you'll need to click into them one by one, as shown below.
How to Use the Filter Tool
The search bar can help you find an individual lead, but the filter tool is better for finding multiple leads who fit a certain category or characteristic.
You can find the filter options under the lead buckets in your lead queue. Just click "Filters" to pull up the advanced filter options.
As shown the screenshot below, you have tons of ways to filter your leads.
Here's more information on what these filter options mean:
- The top panel shows a few quick filters for common uses: unread leads, priority leads, and leads who have requested an appointment.
- The middle panel allows you to filter leads based on the type of service that lead requires: new project info, warranty claim, customer service, etc.
- The bottom panel allows you to filter leads based on your individual marketing sources. All PSAI marketing sources, from Quote Forms to Chat, will be available for easy filtering by name. (This is why we recommend choosing highly descriptive names when you create your marketing sources!)
You can apply multiple filters at the same time by checking one box from each of the panels above. For instance, maybe you filter for "unread" in the top section, "new project" in the middle, and then "start button form" in the bottom section. Only leads that fit all three filters will be displayed.
Just like the search bar, the filter tool only displays leads for the bucket you are currently in. To view matching leads from other buckets (such as "Unassigned" or "Closed," click into each bucket individually.
To remove an individual filter, simply click the gray X next to it. To clear all filters and return to your default lead list, click "Clear All" instead.
How to Sort Your Leads
Want to show all of your leads but in a different order? Then use the sort tool at the top of the lead queue. As shown in the screenshot below, the default sorting method is by date.
You can click on "By Date" to expand the sorting menu and choose a new option:
- By Date
- Inquiry Type
- Contact Source
You can return to the default view at any time by opening the sorting menu and clicking "By Date."
More Resources on Using the Com Portal Effectively
This article is part of a loosely ordered series on understanding and using your Com Portal. Coming soon will be the rest of the series with many more tips, explanations, and best practices:
- Overview: What Is the Com Portal?
- Searching, Filtering, and Navigating the Com Portal
- Communicating with Leads Through the Com Portal
- Taking Advantage of Predictive Technology in the Com Portal
- Assigning Leads in the Com Portal
- "Closing" Leads in the Com Portal