PSAI offers several different user permission levels, allowing you to grant precise access to different team members based on their roles in your company. This article explains what each Permissions category and subcategory means, so that you can choose the right settings for each PSAI User.
Note that permissions are set at the individual User level and can be edited by accessing that User's page. Learn more in our articles on adding new Users to PSAI and updating user permissions and roles.
6 Options for PSAI User Permissions
As you can see in the screenshot below, there are 6 main categories available for User Permissions in PSAI. The sections below will explain each category in detail.
By the term "User," we mean people on your team who are granted individual log-in access to PSAI. If you want to share lead information with someone without providing them a username and password, then read more about adding External Users to PSAI.
Access to Company settings generally refers to the pages listed under your Account (which can be accessed by clicking "Account" in the left-hand toolbar of PSAI). Here's what each subcategory under Company pertains to:
- Settings: The company Settings page is where you change your company details including name, website URL, service areas, products served, and primary contact for billing questions.
- My Subscription: This page shows your PSAI subscription settings, including your current usage of predictive insights, phone numbers, SMS numbers, chat connections, and more. Importantly, it is also where you set your preferred credit card for payment.
- Billing: The Billing page is where you can add, edit, or delete the credit cards you have on file. (Note that we do not store or display your full credit card number for security purposes.)
- Review Sites: This page is where you can add URLs to external review sites such as Facebook, Houzz, Angie's List, Porch, HomeAdvisor, BBB, and more. (Adding review sites here allows you to request a review in the Com Portal.)
- Manage Users: Checking this box provides access to the Users and External Users pages, where you can add, edit, or delete PSAI users and change their User permissions.
For each PSAI User, you can check as many or as few of these Company settings as you prefer; choosing one box will not affect your ability to choose another.
#2: Communication Portal
The Communication Portal permissions include the following sections options:
- View All Leads: Checking this box gives the PSAI User a complete view of all leads in the Com Portal, including all three categories below.
- Unassigned Leads: The PSAI User can view leads that are not yet assigned to anyone. (The majority of new leads will be automatically placed in this category.)
- My Leads: The PSAI User can view leads assigned to him or her.
- Assigned Leads: The PSAI User can view leads assigned to other PSAI Users.
Granting the ability to view leads also grants the ability to communicate with those leads through the Com Portal. Also, any User with access to "Assigned Leads" or "Unassigned Leads" can download all contacts from the Com Portal.
The Communication Portal section also includes the following options for PSAI predictive technology:
- Calculate Predictive Insights: This checkbox allows the User to calculate predictive insights. (Because predictive insights are only visible on a lead's page, the PSAI User must be able to view at least some leads in order to check this box.)
- Predictive Match Index: The PSAI User can view the lead's PMI score ranging from 1-5.
- Predictive Portrait: The PSAI User can view the full predictive portrait, including demographic and household information.
Any User who can view a Predictive Portrait can also share that information with an External User. Learn more about sharing lead data here.
#3: Marketing Manager
The Marketing Manager permissions grant access to the "Site Tools" tab of the left-hand toolbar in PSAI. Any PSAI User with this access can:
- Add new marketing sources (e.g. weather widgets, embedded forms, floating CTA buttons)
- Edit the content, design, or placement of existing marketing sources
- Share marketing sources via email
- Change email lead notification settings
Learn more about what the Marketing Manager section does in our comprehensive guide to PSAI marketing sources.
#4: Weather Center
The Weather Center checkbox grants access to PSAI's Weather technology, including the Weather Map and the ability to launch automated storm campaigns on Facebook.
Learn more about PSAI Weather in these related resources:
PSAI Weather technology is not limited to the Weather Center alone. PSAI Users with Com Portal access can also send an instant weather return to any lead, and PSAI Users with access to Predictive Portraits can view recent storm activity there.
#5: Ads Manager
Ads Manager permissions allow the PSAI User to access the Ads Manager tool, where you can launch Facebook ad campaigns for products, services, special offers, sweepstakes, and more. Any User who can access Ads Manager will be able to create new ads and launch Facebook ad campaigns.
Learn more about this tool in these related resources:
- How to Create a New Ad
- Overview: What Is Ads Manager?
- 3 Types of Ads You Can Create
- What Are AI Recommended Ads?
#6: Visual Quoter
Last but not least, you can grant access to Visual Quoter, which allows the PSAI User to log into the Visual Quoter platform and host video consultations with leads.
Did you know that you can create custom user roles based on the User Permissions settings you use most frequently? Creating a custom role can save you a lot of time if you have many PSAI Users who require the same permissions.