If one of your lead's contact information has changed, you can easily update it in PSAI at any time. You can even update contact information for lead engagements that have already been closed! Simply follow the instructions below.
1. Go the Com Portal
Navigate to the Com Portal by logging into PSAI and clicking "Com Portal" from the left-hand toolbar.
2. Find the Lead
Find the lead whose contact information you'd like to update. The easiest way to find the lead will probably be to use the search bar at the top of the lead queue.
Alternatively, you can click the pencil icon to pull up the "Create New Message" panel. From there, you can use the search bar to find the lead and then click "Open Recent Interaction" to go to the lead's engagement page.
For more tips on finding leads quickly, check out our guide to searching and filtering the Com Portal.
3. Click "Edit Contact"
Once you've found the lead and clicked into their main engagement page, click "Edit Contact" from the right-hand panel.
4. Update the Contact Details
In the "Edit Contact" panel that pops up, you can edit all of the contact information associated with that lead.
As the on-screen alert notes, any changes to the lead's contact information will require you to re-calculate the Predictive Portrait to ensure accuracy.
Most of these fields are fairly self-explanatory, but here are a few tips and things to know:
- In addition to editing the lead's contact information, you can add a co-owner associated with that lead—used for an alternate contact within the same household. You can choose which contact is preferred by marking the radio button for "Preferred Contact."
- You can only have one physical address per lead, but you can add multiple phone numbers and email addresses. For instance, you might have a cell number for texting but a landline for making calls.
- Only valid mobile phone numbers labeled as "Cell" will be eligible for SMS messaging through the Com Portal. (When you add a number and mark it as cell, PSAI will automatically verify whether it is a valid mobile number or not.)
- Note that the full name and address must be correct in order to calculate a Predictive Portrait. Inputting an incorrect name—one that does not match the owner of the property according to public records—will prevent predictive insights from calculating.
5. Save Your Changes
Once you've edited the lead's contact information, click the blue "Save" button at the bottom to save your changes to the lead's contact information.
Clicking "Save" will take you back to the lead's main engagement page, where you can continue the conversation.
If the updated contact information you've just saved already exists in PSAI, you may get an automated pop-up asking if you'd like to merge the contacts. Learn more about merging contacts here. (Link coming soon!)
Learn more about communicating through the Com Portal here.