Within your PSAI admin dashboard, you can assign two basic roles to users: internal users and external users. Internal users are most often used for your company's employees, while external users are frequently used for independent contractors like 1099 sales reps.
Even though external users do not have log-in access to your PSAI admin portal, it's still easy for them to take advantage of PSAI's detailed lead summaries—including contact info, predictive portraits and PMIs, weather reports, and more. All you need to do is share the lead directly from the Com Portal.
Follow the instructions below to share a PSAI lead with anyone on your team.
To be able to share lead data with anyone directly from the Com Portal, you must first add the recipient as an external user. If you don't know how to do that, follow these instructions.
How to Share a PSAI Contact from the Com Portal
1. Find the Lead You Want to Share
Go to your Com Portal and locate the lead that you'd like to share.
To find the lead, you can browse your lead queue manually, type into the search bar at the top, or use the filter tool. These options are highlighted with the arrows below.
For much more detail, check out our guide to navigating the Com Portal.
2. Click the Arrow Icon
Once you have found the lead you'd like to share, then click the arrow icon at the top of the right-hand column, as shown below. Clicking this icon will open up the sharing panel for that lead.
3. Choose Who and What to Share
In the popup that comes up, you'll choose who to share the contact with, how to share it, and which specific data points you'd like to share.
First click into the "To" field to view a drop-down menu of external users you can share the contact with. Then check and uncheck the appropriate boxes to share and exclude various pieces of lead information.
The options presented in the sharing panel will automatically update based on how you've engaged with that lead. For example, if you haven't yet unlocked a predictive portrait or generated a weather return, then you won't be able to share those pieces of information.
Remember—if you don't see the person you'd like to share this lead with in the "To" field's drop-down menu, then you'll need to go back and add him or her as external user under your PSAI account.
4. Optional: Type a Message
Along with the specific data points you selected, you can send a customized message to the recipient if you'd like to provide more information. If you have no specific message to send, feel free to leave our default message.
5. Click "Send"
To complete the sharing process, be sure to click the "Send" button at the bottom of the panel.
Can't click "Send"? The button will be grayed out and inactive until all required fields are selected. Be sure that you've selected a recipient in the "To" field at the top.
Why Share a Contact Through the Com Portal?
Obviously, you could always jot down a lead's contact information and send it to your field reps or other external team members by email, phone, or word of mouth...so why use the Com Portal's direct sharing feature instead? There are several reasons:
- More Information: By sharing a contact through the Com Portal, you can send so much more than the lead's basic contact information. You can send weather reports, predictive insights, custom notes, and more.
- Accurate Information: All pieces of information will be gathered and sent automatically from our database to your external team member, so there's no opportunity for potentially costly manual errors such as typos or misspellings.
- Multiple Sending Methods: You can choose to share the contact by email or SMS, depending on your company's workflow and your recipient's preference.
- Better Tracking: All activity completed with any lead is saved and recorded in your Com Portal. That means that whenever you share a contact, it'll be automatically recorded and timestamped in that lead's file. Just look back at the "Contact Activity" panel, highlighted in the screenshot below, to see exactly when you shared the lead contact and with whom.
The more you utilize the Com Portal for all of your customer communications, the easier it will be to stay organized across all of your lead generation efforts. Everything flows into the Com Portal, and all communications can be done there, too.
Learn more about the various ways you can communicate through the Com Portal.