You can easily search the PSAI weather map based on a specific address, allowing you to find high-value storm opportunities in and around the areas you serve. Follow the instructions below.
1. Click "View Map"
From the PSAI Weather Center, click the button for "View Map."
2. Enter Your Address in the Search Bar
In the search bar in the upper left-hand corner of the map, enter your desired address.
As you type in your address, suggestions will be populated for you. Once you've clicked on an address, the Weather map will instantly zoom into that location as shown below.
In addition to searching by address, you can manually zoom anywhere on the map and click the button for "View Storm Dates" to view a list of storms to hit that location. Learn more here.
3. View Recent Storms Around This Location
From the zoomed-in view of your chosen address, you'll see a list of the most recent storms to hit this location. This list is presented in reverse chronological order, with any storms happening in the last 24 hours noted by a "LIVE" tag.
Did you know? You can save this area as a Favorite Market for easy, one-click access at any time in the future. Click the "Save Area to Favorites" button or follow these instructions for saving a Favorite Market.
4. Use Filters to Narrow Results
To narrow down the storms presented in this list, take advantage of the filters at the top of the search panel.
Here's more information on these filtering options:
- The hail filter ranges from .5" to 3.00" and up. You can also choose to hide hail.
- The wind filter ranges from 40 mph to 75 mph and up. You can also choose to hide wind.
- The "date range" feature allows you to select a specific date range to target. (Keep in mind that more recent storms are much more effective at generating leads.)
If there has been no storm activity that matches your selected tab or filter, then you'll be shown the message below.
5. Click a Storm
Once you've identified a storm that you'd like to target, click it from the list to view that specific storm on the map. This will look something like the view shown below.
Note that you can use the "Hide Layers" button to adjust the opacity of swaths and set further parameters for wind speed and hail size.
Now that you've identified a recent storm opportunity in your service areas, you're ready to start your storm campaign! Explore the next steps in these related resources:
- How to Launch a Storm Campaign
- How Large of an Area Should I Target on the Weather Map?
- Best Practices for Drawing on the Weather Map
- Creative Best Practices for Storm Campaigns
Did you know? Through PSAI, you can also capture storm data for a specific home address, giving you a historical view of the last 5 weather events to touch that home. Learn more about weather reports and how to capture storm data for a specific home address.